I can’t believe my birthday has come and gone already. It seriously feels like I just turned 22 and here we are and it’s already been a week into being 23. It’s like everyone says; time really does fly once you get older. I was taking time to reflect about how I wanted this year to be different from last. Yeah I accomplished a lot last year but I could have done more and there was also a lot of shit hitting the fan moments, meaning there was a lot of set backs and unhappy moments which will happen because you know “that’s life,” but I wanted to sit and reflect on what I wanted to achieve this year. So I decided I have 8 things that I want to accomplish this year at the age of 23.
- Learn how to do pottery: I’ve wanted to try pottery for the longest time. I think it would be fun and a challenge to try and mold your own vase while spinning the clay on the wheel. I think I’m going to take a night class in the fall at my local community college because I just found out they have a full ceramics/pottery department. I think I might rope my mom into taking it with me, whatcha say mom?
- Go to New York again (obviously): I mean I like this trend of taking a New York trip every year. I mean if I can’t live there yet that will have to do for now. Sean has been talking about wanting to go back now so I’m hoping we can take a trip in the fall.
- Go to Europe for the first time: I’m thinking Portugal or France. Most likely Portugal as I have wanted to go there for as long as I can remember and it would be more affordable/doable for our budget.
- Find a fitness routine that doesn’t give me an asthma attack… and stick with it. This has been a big challenge this year since I got diagnosed with asthma last year. I’m trying to ease my way into running (yuck but it’s a means to an end) but I’m not sure how happy my lungs are about that. I’m considering getting a personal trainer for a few weeks so they can show me exercises that won’t trigger my asthma.
- Take a painting class: just because I want to continue to grow and hone my craft. I’m very proud with what I have achieved being a self taught painter but I want to take my skill set to the next level. I think a painting class will do that, I’m thinking I want to take a landscape class. Probably with watercolors since I don’t have a whole lot of experience with that medium.
- Find more opportunities to expose my art: I mean who wouldn’t want to get there art out there. I really enjoyed setting up my shop and I’m very excited for my first art show coming up on the 27th. I would love to be able to participate in more shows or find coffee shops that would display my art.
- Connect with local artists: I love connecting with other bloggers online, I love my blogging besties! It would be nice to connect with local artist and talk about nerdy art things but also to learn from them about supplies, shops, shows, and technique. This would be perfect for the self taught painter that I am since I kinda don’t know what I’m doing.
- Take advantage of the fact I live so close to San Fransisco: I’ve lived in the Bay Area my entire life but I feel like I really have never taken advantage of the fact I live so close to San Fransisco. Sean and I both really want to take advantage of that fact and go to the city as much as we can. We actually have plans to go this Saturday and then in two weeks we will be there for my art show. Off to a great start!
What things do you want to accomplish by your next birthday? Since my birthday is half way through the year, it’s sort of like a revised yearly goal but for before my next birthday rather then at the end of the year.