I have always loved TV since I was a kid; it was a big part of my childhood and still is a huge part of my life. I watch a lot of Netflix, like seriously man, Netflix helped me get through college. Netflix kept up moral during torturous nights of exercise physiology lab reports and cramming for two exams you have the next day. Recently, I spent time with two of my friends from high school and we spent so much time talking about TV shows we all should watch that we thought of an idea of having TV club, like a book club, but for TV shows… We still need to work out the details of it.
I thought it would be a fun and unique blog post to give you my top 10 TV shows that are on Netflix. These are shows that I absolutely love and are clearly all currently are available to watch on Netflix. They are listed in no particular order, as I’m terrible at picking favorites and ranking them.
- Blacklist: LOVE this show! It is one of my absolute favorites. It is sort of an action thriller with some mystery and great character development. It’s like a crime show like Castle and Major Crimes where there is a case each episode, however they have more of a running plot throughout the season compared to your typical crime shows.
- Daredevil: MY OBSESSION. Ha ok, it’s hard to say if this is the best super hero show, I mean it’s pretty close. It would be between this and Gotham (also on the list) but I’m leaning towards Daredevil being the best. Everything about it is perfection. Casting was amazing and the storyline is just great. Great show if you like superheroes, it’s also great if you don’t!
- Sherlock: This show has awesome quality! It plays like a movie especially so considering that they are so long! There are only three episodes per season and the time between seasons is loooooong because it takes forever to produce the shows. They put a lot of effort into this show and I think that is what makes it so great besides the story and characters. Honestly if you have tried any of these shows I’ve mentioned in this list except for this one then you will seriously enjoy this show.
- The Walking Dead: This show is amazing. It’s brutal but amazing. The main reason I hear why people don’t watch this show is because they aren’t into zombies. This show isn’t all about zombies; the zombies are more of just one piece of a much larger narrative. This show is more about survival and character development and deals with life after the apocalypse.
- Gotham: It’s a different take on Batman and by that I mean that it is all about Detective Gordon and the villains of Gotham while Bruce (Batman) is a child. So it takes place during a pre-Batman era. This show is so amazing, the casting and characters are great. The acting is seriously on point in this show. It feels like a crime procedural show meets cirque de soleil.
- How I Met Your Mother: This show is my life! I cannot tell you how many times I’ve rewatched it. Season 2 and 4 are my faves. I’ve rewatched it so many times that I’m confident I would win a trivia all about this show. This show is just so funny and relatable! I think that’s why I like it so much. I want a friend group like them, life goals right there.
- Friends: I really like Friends, I definitely like How I Met Your Mother better just cause I feel like it’s funnier. I’ve been told I’m a total Monica. This is a great show to watch too, would you say it’s a classic? I mean it’s a 90’s show that’s loved by many so I would almost say it is s classic.
- Bob’s Burgers: I never expected to ever like this show and I absolutely love it. It’s hilarious! Sean got me hooked on it and in turn I got my sister hooked on it. It’s definitely a show that grows on you. It just gets funnier as the seasons progress. Some of my favorites are Art Crawl and Dinner Theater.
- House of Cards: This one is different from all the rest. It’s a slow building but intense and ruthless show about one character whom is plotting his advancement on the hill. He is absolutely ruthless in his actions and it just keeps you wanting to know what happens next.
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: This is a cute and funny show. I think Sean and I binge watched it in two days. I mean the episodes are only 30 mins and there’s about 13 episodes so that’s not too bad. Tina Fey wrote the show, so if you are a fan of Tina Fey’s work definitely give this show a shot.
Well those are the shows I highly recommend on Netflix, I really like TV shows with great character development and a thrilling plot. If 24 was still on Netflix that definitely would be on the list, I love love love 24. Anyways let me know what you have been loving on Netflix and if you love any of these shows I’ve mentioned!